SSC CHSL 2019: Notification, Vacancy, Exam Date, Eligibility, Application
Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most advantageous organizations to undertake Government exams in India. Every year more than thousands of candidates are shortlisted by SSC to be employed in Government departments. As we know Govt. jobs are the most wanted as a career option in India and government of India has a special focus on providing better facilities and services in every phase of the countrymen. With the advent of development plan to give maximum opportunities to the young candidates seeking jobs, government is going to create many vacancies in the years to come.
SSC is the principal Govt. organization that offers service to millions of candidates in India. It is like a dream job for all the SSC and other government job aspirants. Every year jobs are offered by way of conducting SSC CHSL exam for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) carries out the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) Exam to recruit persons at various posts like:
- Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO).
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC).
- Court Clerk.
SSC CHSL 2019 Notification Out
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) would give its notification out for SSC CHSL 2019 recruitment for the post of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/SA) and Data Entry Operator (DEO).
Provisional jobs can be read as :
|LDC/ JSA||To Be Announced|
|Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||To Be Announced|
|DEO||To Be Announced|
|Data Entry Operator Grade “A”||To Be Announced|
The temporary schedule for the SSC CHSL 2019 exam is mentioned below. Kindly make a note of the important dates associated to SSC CHSL Exam 2019and complete the entire process in time.
|Online Application Starts from||05th March 2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||05th April 2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Admit Card||June 2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam||01st July to 26th July 2019 (CBE)|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Admit Card||September|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Exam||29th September 2019(DES)|
|Post Name||In Hand Salary|
|Lower Division Clerk||18,777-22,411|
|Data Entry Operator||25,165-31,045|
SSC CHSL Salary | Grade Pay Details
|Post Name||Pay Band||Grade Pay||Gross Salary|
|LDC||PB -1 (5200-20200)||1900||22,392-26,026|
|DEO||PB -1 (5200-20200)||2400||29,340-35,220|
|Court Clerk||PB -1 (5200-20200)||1900||22,392-26,026|
|PA/SA||PB -1 (5200-20200)||2400||29,340-25,220|
SSC CHSL Salary after 7th pay commission
SSC has modified the SSC CHSL Salary for all the Posts after the Seventh Pay Commission in 2017 year. SSC CHSL Salary structure after the implementation of 7th Pay Commission are given below.
|Post Name||Basic Pay||HRA||TA||Gross Salary||In Hand||City|
Age Eligibility :
18-27 years as on 01.08.2019 (Candidates born not before 02-08-1992 and not later than 01-08-2001).
|Code No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|04||PwD + OBC||13 years|
|05||PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|09||Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
Educational Qualification :
(i). Must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
(ii). For Data Entry Operator in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) started taking the Combined Higher Secondary Level(CHSL) in three levels for various posts from 2016:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mod|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Before one starts preparing for SSC CHSL Exam, it is essential to make a note of modifications done in exam pattern and syllabus. The alterations to SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2019 which are related to 2016 are given below:
- SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 1 exam will be held online .
- in tier 2 there will be a Descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- There is reduction in time limit for examination of Tier -I from 120 minutes to 75 minutes.
- There is no change in Tier III.
- There will be no Sectional Cut off.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
- SSC CHSL 2019 has negative marking. Every wrong answer will have a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
- The duration of exam is 100 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus
This Tier has a descriptive exam which is designed to test the written skills of the students in English/Hindi. The Paper would have an essay to be written in 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum marks to qualify in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be incorporated for preparing merit. The best way to prepare for this tier is to read as many as articles from various sources as magazines, novels, newspapers, etc. Besides this, you need to be well versed with the pattern of Letter and Application.
- Duration of the exam is of 60 minutes’ carrying 100 marks.
- The level of questions are based on 10thstandard or higher secondary level.
- It is a qualifying exam stage
- The medium of paper should remain the same throughout, part of the paper in Hindi and part in English will not be evaluated
- Duration of the exam is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 3 of SSC CGL Exam 2019 has skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO):
- Typing speed for Data Entry operator is 8,000 (eight thousand) with Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- Test will be of 15 minutes duration
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
- Typing Test will be held in English or Hindi and candidates while registering for the Examination, will have to mention his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- In this the typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
- It will be managed on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency approved by the Commission.
- Candidates who opt for English medium should possess a typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Candidates who opt for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be decided on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be given 30 minutes.
conducting skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be
chosen based on their position in the merit list.
SSC CHSL Application Fee
- The application fees required to be paid is Rs. 100/–
- Exemption: There is no fee for female , SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
- Applications fee should be paid through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
- In case you want to pay fee in cash, candidate should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
- The candidates who want to pay online can go opt for
part-2 registration immediately after completion of part-1 registration.
Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to
SSC CHSL 2019 Admit Card
Candidates who are registering for SSC CHSL Exam 2019 within stipulated time will be given an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CGL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CGL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for Tier 1 exam).
For detailed information and the download link for the admit card will be on display to post the release of the official notification for SSC CHSL 2019. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
The result of SSC CGL Exam 2019 will be released in four stages after completing each Tier Exam. Those candidates who are selected in the rounds progress to the subsequent rounds. The results can be from the direct link to official SSC CGL website as and when the results are announced.
SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-I Exam Analysis
SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-1 exam was held from 4th March to 26th March 2018. Let us discuss the exam analysis of the exam held on 4th March 2018 to prepare effectively for the forthcoming SSC CHSL 2019 Exam.
Overall Exam Analysis of SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1
The question paper was from easy to moderate.
|Name of the Section||Level of questions||No of Good Attempts|
Section wise exam analysis is given below to understand the level implemented for the exam:
Quantitative Aptitude Section
This section had easy to moderate level questions as the questions were directly based on formulae. There were more questions on Number System, DI, SI, CI., Trigonometry and Geometry.
|S.No.||Name of the Topic||No of Questions||Level of questions|
|5||Time & Work||1||–|
|6||Speed & Distance||1||easy|
|7||S.I. & C.I.||3||easy-moderate|
|8||Profit & Loss||1||easy|
Reasoning (General Intelligence Section analysis : SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1 Exam
The level of this section was easy. Topic wise analysis is given below:
|S. No.||Topic||No of Questions||Level|
|2||Odd One Out||2||easy|
|4||Statement & Conclusions||2||easy|
|6||Sequence (Acc. to Dictionary)||1||easy|
|13||Paper Folding Image||0||–|
English Language section analysis: SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1
This section was moderate as the main comprehension section with Cloze test and reading comprehension had moderate level questions.
|S.No.||Name of the Topic||No of Questions||Level of questions|
|1||Fill in the Blanks||5||Moderate|
|5||Idioms and Phrases||3||easy|
|12||Cloze Test Passage||5||easy-moderate|
General Awareness section analysis: SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1
This section was easy and had main focus on current affairs related to economics, polity and latest news. Science questions were good in number.
Topic wise analysis of the section is given below:
|S.No.||Name of the Topics||No. Of Questions|
Candidates can have a look at the cut-off for SSC CHSL exam of the previous year:
SSC CHSL 2016 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
|Category||Cut-Off Marks||Candidate Available|
SSC CHSL 2015 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
|Cut off Marks||119||110||99||89.50||88||83.50||55||45.50||—|
What is SSC CHSL Exam?
SSC CHSL means Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (10+2)for the post of Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA), Data Entry Operator (DEO) & DEO Grade “A?. It is conducted by STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION every year.
the posts in the CHSL Exam?
CHSL Exam is carried out to recruit Data Entry Operators (DEO), Lower Division Clerk (LDC’s), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) & Postal/Sorting Assistant.
is pay scale offered for these posts?
Post wise Pay Scale is given below:
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant PB 1(Rs. 5200-20200) Grade Pay 2400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry Operator (CAG): Pay Band1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry Operator (Other Ministries): Pay Band1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 2400
- Lower Division Clerk & Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA):: Pay Band 1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)
many vacancies are there generally notified in CHSL Exam?
Number of vacancies varies from year to year. In 2018 the number of vacancies is still not updated. It is generally more than 20,000.
is the Eligibility to apply for CHSL Exam?
An applicant should fulfill the eligibility criterion to apply for the SSC CHSL Exam. Some of the conditions are as follows:
- He or she should have passed the 10+2 Examination (01.08.2019).
- Note: In case of Data Entry Operator in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- He or she must he of the 18 years and maximum age should not exceed 27 years. (as on 01.08.2019)
are the criteria for Relaxation in Age for SSC CHSL Examination?
Candidates belonging to reserved categories enjoy age relaxation benefit as decided by SSC.
What are the fees to apply for CHSL Exam?
Fees for general category is Rs 100 and for reserved category and females there are no application fees.
|T.NAGAR BRANCH||ANNA NAGAR BRANCH||TAMBARAM BRANCH|
|No.37, second floor,||W-124, Fourth Floor,||No.20, First Floor,|
|Natesan street,||3rd Avenue Road,||Ranga Street,|
|T.Nagar||Anna Nagar||Tambaram Sanatorium|
|Above SBI ATM||Bank of India Building, Near Anna Nagar Roudtana||Above My India Business School|
|Next to Gomathi Shankar sweets||Opp HP Petrol Bunk||Near Saravana Gold Palace|