I. CHOOSE IT
1. During industrial revolution production became faster
2. England is birth place of the industrial revolution.
3. Great Britain is an Island
4. Cotton Gin was invented by Eli Whitney
5. In 1830 the first passenger railway was operated
II. MATCH IT
1. John kay – Flying shuttle
2. James watt – New steam engine
3. Faraday – Dynamo
4. Macadam – Road
5. Humphrey davy – safety lamp
1. Textile industry
a) What was the first momentum from the outburst of invention?
Cotton textile industries
b) By whom flying shuttle wass invented?
c) Who invented sewing machine?
d) When was cotton gin invented?
2. Invention in powers
a) Who invented a new steam engine in 1769?
b) By whom safety lamp was invented?
c) What did bersemer invented in 1855?
Method of making steel
d) Who introduced the pudding process for the purification of pig iron?
1. What is meant by Industrial revolution?
It refers to shift from an agrarian, handicraft, labour intensive economy into one dominated by machine manufacturers factories and a free flow of capital.
2. What were the result of the expansion of commerce?
Foundation for the rapid expansion of trade.
Encourage the scientists to invent machines. Gave birth to capitalism.The people produced goods on large scale.
3. Write a note on Revolution in agriculture?
The new farm machinery included the steel plough and harrow. Machines for reaping and threshing.
The practice of crop rotation was adopted to maintain soil fertility.
4. What is the motive behind Socialism?
The motive behind socialism is that there should be just distribution of wealth.The gap between the rich and the poor.
5. Who was Karl Marx? What was his theory?
Karl Marx is a socialist of Germany.
His theory is based on the assumption that production and physical forces have an intimate relationship and the surplus value of products should go in favor of the working class.
V. ANSWER IN PARAGRAPH:
1. What were the causes for industrial revolution?
- The term industrial revolution refers to the shift from an agrarian handicraft, labor intensive economic into one dominated by machine manufacture factors and the free flow of capital.Innovation in agricultural methods
- The traditional patterns of agriculture were breaking up.
- Agriculture becomes more and more capitalist enterprise.
- The demand for English goods went on increasing.
- Discoveries of new lands and new sea routes
- More efficient agriculture and better food distribution.
- The progress of science revolutionized the method of production.
2. What were the effects of Industrial Revolution?
The changes in agricultural production, business organization and technology.Pollution affected the health of people.
The industrial found more profitable to employ woman and children in the factories.
The society create two distinct classes, they are Capitalist and laborers.
THE POLITICAL EFFECTS:
The factory acts passed in1819, 1933 and 1847to improve the conditions of laborers.
In 1825 trade unions were organized to fight for their rights.
The establishments of factories like Manchester, Lancashire, Birmingham and Sheffield.
The Industrial Revolution made the “rich richer and poor poorer”
3. Mention some important scientific inventions were made during industrial Revolution.
|1. TEXTILE||John Kay Eli Whitney||Flying Shuttle Cotton Gin||1773 1793|
|2. STEAM||James Watt Faraday||Redesigned Newcomen’s steam engine Dynamo||1769 1831|
|3. IRON AND STEEL||John Seaton Humphrey Davis||Improved Derby process Safety lamp||1760 1860|
|4.TRANSPORT||John Macadam||Macadamized roads|