I. Choose the correct answer:
1. The Earth is inclined at an angle of —— degree
2. Rotation result in ———
Day and Night changes
3. In a leap years February has ————- days.
II. Answer the following:
1. Why does day and night changes happen?
Ø The earth takes approximately 23 hours and 56 minutes for one rotation on its axis.
Ø This movement is called rotation.
Ø It causes day and night.
2. When it is summer in the northern hemisphere, why it is winter in the southern hemisphere?
§ The seasons are not same everywhere on the earth.
§ If it is summer in the northern hemisphere, it is winter in the southern hemisphere.
§ And if it is summer in the southern hemisphere, winter in the northern hemisphere.
§ Hence there is reversal of the seasons.
3. Why do the poles have six months of day and six months of night?
§ The inclination of the Earth’s axis not only causes seasonal changes but there is something amazing about it.
§ At the poles there are six months continuous daylight and six months of continuous darkness.