I. Fill in the blanks:
1. The type of Government followed in our country is ——-
2. Law and order is maintained by——–
3. Officer from the rank of Village Administrative Officer to the ——– participate in campus in remote villages once a months.
II. Answer the following:
1. Who ruled our country during the ancient period?
§ In the olden days our country was ruled by Kings and Chieftains
§ Tamil Nadu was ruled by the Chera’s, Pandya’s, Chola’s.
§ Kalabharas , Pllavas, Nayaks, Marathas and others conquered and ruled various parts of
2. Where and when do observe Grievance day? How do they find Solution?
v Every Monday is observed as Grievance day.
v People residing in that area can approach the officers with their grievance.
v Apart from this once a month officers from rank of District Collector to the VAO have to
camp in the remote Village.
v Those do not have the facility to visit the Districts Collectors officers and utilize this
opportunity and approach the collector directly and hand over their petitions.
v In the same camp all grievances and solved by the public Relationship Programmes.
3. Who are the representatives? How are they elected?
Ø Lok sabha, Rajya Sabha and State Assembly representatives are elected by according to the Indian Constitution.
Ø Our representatives are elected though election.
Ø Those who have completed the stipulated year of age are eligible to content in the election.