I. Choose the correct answer:
1. Pre historic means.
Period having no written evidence
2. Old Stone Age
Wore leaves barks of trees and skin of animals
3. The first animal tamed by primitive man was
II. Fill in the blanks:
1. The early man ——————depending on nature.
2. To know truths of ancient period we must read ————-
3. The Old Stone Age man used ————-stone
4. The primitive age is ————- than the ancient period.
5. We must read ———————–to know about primitive age.
6. The period when the tools were made up of iron was called ———–
7. New Stone Age man use —————– to make pots.
III. Match the following:
1. Tamil Nadu – Athirampakkam
2. Andhra Pradesh – Karnool
3. Madhya Pradesh – Pimpit – Ca
4. Karnataka – Paghalkhat
IV. Answer the following:
1. What is history?
History is tells about the people who lived in the past with the evidence according to the age.
2. List the evidence to know about history.
v Food habits
v Historical notes
v Copper plates
v Palm leaves
v Stone edicts
v Literary works
3. What do you mean by Pre historic period?
The thing that belongs to the period ruins, fossils, horn, and bones of the animals, tools made of stones and skulls.
With help of these we know about the pre historic period of India.
4. What are the four classification of the pre historic period?
· Paleolithic age – old age.
· Neolothic age – new age.
· Chalcolithic age – copper age.
· Iron age – iron age.
5. What are the dresses of the early man?
Early man wore dresses mad out of leaves, skin of the the animals and barks of the trees.
6. Write a short note on New Stone age?
The next stage in the evolution of man is known as New Stone age.
During the age he used to polish curved sharp stone and weapons in this period. He started to produce food and wheel was invented.
As a result of this he was able to transports things from one place to another place easily.
With the help of wheels he made pots.
7. Draw and compare any four tools of Old Stone Age and new Stone Age
|Old stone age||New stone age|
|They used stone, branches of trees and bone and horn of the animals to hunt animals.||They used axes, handle made out of bone fishing hooks needle and chopper to hunt animals.|