1. The imaginary lines that are drawn from the east to the west on a globe is called——
2. Longitude is called as the —————-
3. Map that show the continents, countries, capitals is called as ——
II. Answer the following:
1. Which is a map?
· A map is a representation of the earth or part of it and is drawn to scale on paper on cloth.
2. Explain thematic maps.
· Maps that show temperature, forest and mineral resources are drawn based on a theme.
Hence they are called Thematic maps.
Example: the transport map of India and the Industrial map of Tamil Nadu.
3. What is the latitudinal and longitudinal extent of India?
We locate India between 80N to 370 N latitudes and between 680 E to 970 E longitudes.
4. Write the uses of the Maps.
· It is used to locate the places.
· It is used to locate resources that are found on earth.
· It is helps the military to move its troops.
· It helps in planning.
· It helps us to know the movement of the satellite and planets in the sky.
is used for teaching and learning in a class room.